Conference Planning Manager
Company: Benchmark Hospitality
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring
their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day
with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude
and determination to
succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference”
philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job
strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable,
personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through,
practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve
success at both work and home. Here are just some of the
great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance
to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and
professionally through on-line webinars and self-study
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as
AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?
Interested in a stunning property with growth potential? A NEW
place to expand your knowledge and utilize your abilities? Join us
at the Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center;
Inspiring ways to “Be the Difference” with every guest and employee
interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an
excellent working environment that encourages our “Be the
If you have experience in planning and executing events at high
volume conference center, enjoy engaging with people from all over
the world and making meaningful connections, as well as taking
steps to “WOW” people, we want you! This is a tremendous
opportunity for a driven person to grow a career in hospitality
with a world-class property. We want you to join our conference
planning team at the Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference
What you will have an opportunity to
Conference Planning Manager is responsible the planning
and coordination of conference group related activities. The
Planning Manager will act as the primary liaison between the client
and the staff, with the focus on meeting and exceeding client
expectations with every interaction to ensure guest
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Experience with event planning or related experience
- Experience working with vendors and contracted services
- Food and beverage or catering knowledge
- Detail oriented, organized , and pro-active
- Computer software knowledge / knowledge of working with hotel
space management systems
- Ability to communicate with others including all levels of
administration, guests, vendors, and other team members.
What the Position Does:
- Works with conference guests get proper support and setup of
all technology needs.
- Plans and coordinates all meeting and lodging requirements
- Plans and coordinates all food to meet all dietary guidelines
- Recommends and oversees the location of each event, food
and beverages, computer and equipment needs/requirements,
transportation, entertainment and decorations.
- Adequately prepares detailed event orders in a timely manner to
communicate the requested meeting space, banquet space, menu
options, audio/visual equipment, lodging needs, and billing
- Responsible for meeting and greeting clients to ensure
that the client’s requests have been met and that all items on the
contract are conformed to by hotel staff.
- Meets and greats all hotel conference guest.
- Required to treat all hotel and conference guest in a
pleasant and respectful manner.
- While working with a diverse group of individuals is
responsible for displaying skill, sensitivity, and
- Resolves customer service complaints/issues only seeking
advice and guidance when necessary.
- Confronts difficult situations using honesty and tact,
uses negotiation skills to resolve conflict.
What We Are:
- 147 Room Hotel and Conference Center with over 22, 000 sq. feet
of meeting space.
- Full service restaurant, bar and lounge
- Located in Blacksburg, VA.
Why Work for Us:
- Awesome Employee Focused Culture - With Employee Events.
- Eligible for Holiday after 90 days of employment. 8 Paid
Holidays per year plus 16 additional holiday hours
- Begin earning PTO after 90 day of employment
- Opportunities to grow and transfer to new positions.
- Medical Insurance and other awesome benefits.
- Employer matching 401k.
What are we looking
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal
opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: Benchmark Hospitality, Blacksburg , Conference Planning Manager, Other , Blacksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!