Established in 2012, Rhino Sports & Entertainment Services is
based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. We now service clients in 5
states across the country. We provide customized levels of service
across all areas of our clients' venues and provide them with the
best service in the industry. We hold true to our motto of, We will
provide an unsurpassed customer service experience, to everyone,
all the time.
The Assistant Account Manager/Director of Operations will be
responsible for assisting in all aspects of the event staffing
operations within their assigned client portfolio. You will oversee
hundreds of part-time employees. This includes proactively planning
the staffing logistics and assisting managing the execution on
event days in accordance with Rhinos company standards and required
duties for the client. You will be the assistant event staffing
manager on football game days and for most events in an on-site
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and maintaining an effective working
relationship with client representatives from host venues and
attend meetings at the venue as needed.
- Directly oversee staff operations at the venue and
ensure/monitor the quality of event operations for venue. Typical
staff responsibilities include security, bag checking and metal
detection, ticket scanning, ushering, premium areas, and traffic
- Assist overseeing staffing levels, ensuring each event is fully
- Assist resolving guest related issues addressing needs or
concerns as they arise at events.
- Assist in repairing and submiting post event reports.
- Ensure compliance with all human resources policies and
procedures, including hiring procedures, training, scheduling, and
- Ensure adherence to all company administrative policies and
a. Assist in the creation and tracking of invoices to and from
clients and vendors. Ensure all billing takes place in a timely
manner and follows company policies and procedures.
b. Collaborate with company corporate office on a bi-weekly and
monthly basis on topics such as payroll processing, invoicing,
hiring, and terminations.
c. Identify potential process improvements to include cost savings
and increased revenue.
d. Grow the client list as a brand ambassador. Such opportunities
may include other athletic opportunities in the area, unarmed
licensed security opportunities, parking services, etc.
e. Assist with coordinating and executing annual events as needed
in association with company contracts outside of your market.
Events may include NASCAR races, concerts, and staff travelling to
f. Assure account follows all local, state, and federal licensing
requirements such as business licenses, insurance, security
compliance, and labor laws.
g. Attend weekly company staff meetings.
h. Lead large scale staff trainings to both company and clients
venue standards. Venue Breakouts, Emergency management, Customer
Service, Positive Team Environment, and Staff job duties are common
topics among others that you will need to speak to.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelors degree required (Masters preferred) and minimum of
three to five years of large-scale sports & event management
experience or collegiate/professional football experience
- Must show proven leadership and effective communication
experience in managing large groups of people in a fast-paced
- Previous football operations experience required.
- Lead by example professionally and personally.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Speaking in front of large groups and conducting training will be
- Be computer literate and have working knowledge in Microsoft
Word and Excel.
- Be able to respond to change in a positive and productive
- Exhibit an emphasis on customer service.
- Demonstrate organization and attention to small, yet critical,
- Be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent problem solving and negotiation
- Maintaining an up-to-date unarmed security license is required
after position begins.
1. Position functions under general supervision of the
President and a Regional Manager.
2. Position functions with significant independence in the
management of day-to-day duties and responsibilities. Fast-paced
environment at venue during event days. Longer hours/days are
necessary. Frequently required to work, evenings, weekends, and
holidays as scheduled.
3. Must be able to move in a quick, energetic manner.
4. Long periods of standing and constant movement around the
event venue are expected on event days.
a. Long periods of sitting while on the phone and the computer
are common on office days.
5. Must be willing to travel 2-3 weeks per year. Must be
willing to travel 4-5 additional weekends per year.
The above declarations are not intended to an all inclusive
list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor
are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities
required to the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the
general nature of the job and be a reasonable representation of its
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age,
disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any
other protected class.