Power Electronics Design Engineer
Company: Moog Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are looking for a power electronics design engineer to join
our growing motion control product development team. As an expert
in power electronics solutions, you will be working on all aspects
of the power conversion and noise attenuation solution. Sound
technical knowledge and a creative approach to problem solving are
a must to qualify.
This position is responsible for circuit-level analog design,
simulation, and troubleshooting in support of embedded inverter
applications. Applications vary from low to high voltage/power
output requiring an extensive understanding of power conversion.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and committed to developing
advanced knowledge and skills related to analog electronics.
- Read and interpret customer specifications and understand how
the specification applies to the electronics design
- Schematic design of analog electronics, power supply, EMI
filter (conducted) and power electronic hardware (DC/DC, AC/DC and
AC/DC converters) of inverter
- Component selection/substitution along with documented analysis
and testing for new applications and for existing applications
- Performing Thermal analysis
- Preparing and presenting technical reviews with respect to
requirements to program management and engineering technical
- Supporting the development and coordination of system
qualification and functional test plans and execution.
- Support or perform corrective action determination concerning
system performance and reliability, production quality issues,
testing, and customer feedback.
- Troubleshooting prototypes and production issues.
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering or similar with 5
years power electronics experience OR
- Master of Science, Electrical Engineering or similar with power
electronics emphasis and 2 years power electronics experience.
- This position will require access to US export controlled
- Working knowledge of common office applications (MS Word, MS
- Electrical schematic generation/literacy
- Circuit analysis and simulation
- Control loop design and analysis
- Magnetics experience (transformers, motors)
- BLDC motor and drive design
- Dynamometer operation Experience
- Qualification of design to objective standards (i.e. DO-160,
MIL 417, etc.)
- Strong understanding of EEE EMI/EMC (MIL-STD-461)
- Experience with PCB Design layout (Cadence, Altium, ORCAD,
- Experience with Model and Simulation (e.g., Spice, MatLab,
- Experience with Electrical Machines and Drives Control Theory
- Experience in electro-magnetic interference and susceptibility
- Strong thermal analysis, simulation and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What's in it for you?
- Flexible Planned Vacation - no minimum or maximum number of
- Outstanding Health Benefits
- Generous 401K company contribution and match
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Keywords: Moog Inc., Blacksburg , Power Electronics Design Engineer, Other , Blacksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!