The Pet Care business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St.
Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices
throughout the US and globe. Owners of dogs, cats, birds, small
animals, fish and reptiles rely on our brands for exceptional value
and trusted results. Our industry-leading brands include Tetra,
Instant Ocean, Marineland, 8-in-1, Dingo, FURminator, Nature's
Miracle, GloFish, DreamBone and SmartBones.
Following SOP's and cGMPs, the Machine Operator will operate a
variety of production machines including, but not limited to liquid
filling machines, tablet packaging machines, tablet wrapping
machines, tube filling machines and tablet press production.
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Benefits Eligible Date of Hire: Medical (Anthem), Dental (Delta
Dental), Vision (VSP), 401 K with company match (Prudential),
company paid Life Insurance, Long Term and Short-Term Disability
Shift: 1st Monday - Thursday 6:30am - 5:00pm with overtime on
Fridays and Saturdays 8-hour shifts
Duties and Responsibilities
- Model Spectrum Brands 20/20 Vision to support the companies
Values and Behaviors
- Work with associates in team effort to further company goals
concerning productivity, safety, quality and Continuous Improvement
- Serve as first line of defense for operational opportunities.
Implement immediate countermeasures and/or escalate when
- Ownership of Flex as it applies to daily adjustments, accurate
displays and downtime reason codes.
- Set up, operate and check quality of production equipment by
following and documenting procedures as required to support
- Get required tools or equipment, clean up all equipment and
work areas, and properly store tools and equipment. Maintain
- Assist the Setup Technician in performing changeovers on
production machines, cleaning equipment and moving product in or
out of the production areas as needed.
- Assist in training less experienced personnel on production
- Observe and follow safety procedures using personal safety
equipment as required.
- Assist in Production performing packaging duties as
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Six months of manufacturing experience preferred.
- Able to read and operate common digital and dial quality test
Must be able to lift 50 pounds with or without assistance. Must
be available to work across multiple shifts. Must be able to stand
for extended periods of time. Must wear all prescribed PPE
including, but not limited to: hearing protection, safety glasses,
respirator and steel toed shoes.
Otherwise, working conditions are normal for a manufacturing
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative