Company: Clough, Harbour & Associates, LLP
Posted on: May 3, 2021
CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer
to join our Infrastructure - Water/Wastewater group in our Albany,
NY; Indianapolis, IN; Rochester, NY; Syracuse, NY; Orlando, FL;
Tampa, FL or Blacksburg, VA office.
Ensuring water is clean and safe is one of the most important
services that each community can provide. To that end, CHA has
developed thousands of water-related projects, each taking into
account our clients' unique environmental, water quality,
permitability, and funding concerns. Our water and wastewater
management offerings include full engineering and support services
for industrial and municipal wastewater treatment systems from
initial planning through permitting, design, bidding, construction
administration, start-up, certification, and ongoing operational
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At CHA, our Electrical Engineer provides advanced judgment and
analysis techniques for the design development, implementation and
technical analysis of various systems to implement new products, or
changes to an existing scheme, to suit individual client needs.
This key role is responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting
and coordinating detailed phases of a project independently with
other engineering disciplines and project management staff. The
Electrical Engineer mentors junior staff members and provides
technical review of their work as needed.
The Electrical Engineer recommends alterations to development
and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures as well
as selects proper procedures to self-check his/her own work for
completeness and accuracy in technical reports and calculations.
The Electrical Engineer identifies, develops, and gathers technical
resources necessary to complete assignments. This Electrical
Engineer continuously monitors the progress and performance of the
engineering design development against the project work plan.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 4 years of discipline specific engineering
- Able to conceptually develop and fully design power
distribution, lighting, and fire alarm systems for industrial and
municipal process systems. Experience with water and wastewater
treatment and conveyance systems preferred.
- Knowledge of process instrumentation, control, and SCADA
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of the respective engineering
discipline with the proven ability to practically apply engineering
- Independently executes complex development of engineering
design, preparation of specifications, compiles technical reports
and other activities requiring the knowledge of standard
engineering principles and techniques
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of
a project independently with other engineering disciplines and
project management staff.
- Advanced proficiency with engineering, computational, and
modeling software (Revit, AutoCAD, SKM PowerTools, EasyPower)
- Familiar with QA/QC procedures and understands basic business
practices and laws related to engineering
- Able to perform peer technical reviews and Quality Control of
work performed by other engineering team members
- Demonstrates leadership skills and effectively works in a
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to adapt communication style to suit various audiences
- Able to conduct on-site assessments and other field
- Proficiency with MS Office software required
- An active role in a professional engineering
CHA takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly
talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer
a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of opportunities for
our employees' professional growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Clough, Harbour & Associates, LLP, Blacksburg , Electrical Engineer, Other , Blacksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!