HR Business Partner for Engineering
Company: Torc Robotics
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle
technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a
decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced
partners. Now a part of the Daimler family , we are developing
automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that
helped pioneer autonomous technology. You'll work with an
experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer
roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of
About the Role:
Torc is looking for an Human Resources Business Partner that will
work directly with our Engineering business unit. The Human
Resources Business Partner role contributes to company performance
by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people and
organization development strategies in support of the business
objectives. Build and maintain supportive relationships by being a
strategic partner with management and an advocate for employees.
Responsibilities include policy interpretation and application,
employee relations, employee performance, immigration and
compensation consultation. Additional responsibilities include
organizational design, employee development initiatives and
- Strategic partner to management to anticipate, identify, and
plan workforce and overall human resources-related needs.
- Advise management on relevant issues to the business including,
but not limited to, compensation, sponsorship, employee relations,
external conditions such as talent availability, current labor
market conditions, immigration policy changes, etc.
- In partnership with Legal, Finance, compensation advisor,
immigration specialist, TA, or other stakeholders communicates
relevant information related to the business.
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues. Conduct thorough
and objective investigations when necessary.
- Interpret and provide HR policy guidance to company management
and employees. Ensure regulatory compliance with legal requirements
pertinent to the day-to-day management of employees. Collaborate
with the legal department when necessary.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with
understaffing, refereeing disputes, terminating employees, and
administering disciplinary procedures with appropriate
documentation and follow-up.
- Interpret human resources policy to company management and
- Identify training needs for teams and individuals in
partnership with managers.
- In partnership with managers, identify ways to build morale,
improve workplace relationships, and boost engagement and
retention. Research strategies and resources to enhance these
opportunities for quick and effective initiation.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and
investigations. Ensure a thorough investigation and documentation
for minimal loss to the company.
- Create appropriate documentation for promotions, transfers, and
new hires in collaboration with Talent Acquisition, Legal,
Compensation Advisor and department management.
- Promote reward and recognition programs and Torc events and
- Consults with managers to assist in organization design,
planning, and restructuring. Provides input on workforce and
- Provides consultative services to managers on performance
management processes. Reviews and offers feedback on performance
- Develop and nurture partnerships through human resources to
bridge relationships between management and employees.
- Maintain awareness of the culture, plans, and financial
position of the organization.
- Partners with the Legal team on any compliance and employee
- Partners with the Facilities and Occupational Safety Manager on
workplace safety or employee threat issues.
- Analyze data trends and metrics to inform business
- Partners with colleagues in the human resources department to
develop policies, programs, and solutions.
- Consult regularly with management and provide guidance when
appropriate. Conduct weekly meetings to check in with each
department; coach managers as needed.
- Partner with Training Manager and leadership to identify
training needs and professional development curriculum.
- Monitor employee development programs to ensure that objectives
- Ensures that appropriate records and other compliance related
matters are effectively managed.
People Operations Infrastructure/Projects
- Work with People Ops team on initiatives needed to support the
organization. Examples may include policy design, communication and
implementation; Employee Handbook revisions; system/process
implementation and communication, onboarding and benefits
Perks of Being a TORC'r
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, business,
communications, or related field of study.
- Human Resources certification such as SPHR, SHRM-SCP, PHR,
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of
- 10+ years of progressive experience in human resources
function, demonstrating increased levels of responsibility and
decision making; 5+ years as HR Business Partner, HR Consultant, or
HR Manager preferred.
- Experience working within a software development or
engineering-related function is highly preferred
- Well versed and experienced in all HR disciplines.
- Must have prior experience in organizational assessment and
development, classification and compensation programs, employee
performance management, and employee relations and
- Experience working with a sponsored workforce including broad
working knowledge of U.S. immigration policies and processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders
within a growing technology company where circumstances are
- Experience with change management practices highly
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics.
- Current, in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
human resources and employee management, including workers'
compensation and federal and state employment laws.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local legal and regulatory
environment for human resources practitioners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
organizational and time management skills
- Ability to build trusted relationships with employees at all
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits
and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their
future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to
accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation
Keywords: Torc Robotics, Blacksburg , HR Business Partner for Engineering, Other , blacksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!