Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Company: Tenneco Automotive
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Tracking Code: 183373 Job Location: Blacksburg, VA Country:
Following Tenneco's expected separation to form two new,
independent companies, an Aftermarket and Ride Performance company
(DRiV) as well as a new Powertrain Technology company, the new
Tenneco will be one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain
companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions
addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution
requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
Tenneco's Bearings business is looking for a Maintenance
Electrician who will Troubleshoot and repair production lines and
other facility equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This
person will be responsible for performing major overhauls and
replacements of electrical components on equipment.
An ideal candidate would be an experienced Maintenance
Electrician with a Journeyman's license and a strong electrical
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the
best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Human
Resources to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on
moving through processes quickly.
- Receives work instructions for repairs & maintenance of
equipment & machinery from supervisors, engineers, and team leaders
working from detailed plans, sketches and drawings.
- Lead decisions and use best judgement in feasibility of
repairing equipment and refer to prints, diagrams, engineering
specifications and manufacturers' manuals.
- Revise equipment deficiencies by replacing components with more
adequate design components and eliminating repetitive issues with
- Read electrical schematics and interpret/design ladder logic
diagrams and programs
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently and capable
of making adequate decision with little or no assistance.
- Installing and maintaining electrical cabinets and
- Install and work with 480 volts 3 phase and lower
- Running conduit, sizing wire, and circuits.
Education: Journeyman's license OR a minimum of 3 years of
- PLC troubleshooting preferred
- Thorough knowledge of electrical and mechanical
principle/theory, and familiarity with pneumatic and hydraulic
- Understanding and troubleshooting machine controls
- Understanding electrical and mechanical principles
Keywords: Tenneco Automotive, Blacksburg , Industrial Maintenance Electrician, Other , Blacksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!