Systems Administrator III
Company: CentralSquare Technologies
Location: High Point
Posted on: September 17, 2018
Systems Administrator III: Installs new system, application, and prerequisite software releases and upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures of servers, and network administration. Has in-depth understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within CentralSquare Technologies and the Information Services team. May assist in establishing or updating practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks and projects, while demonstrating expertise in particular areas such as networking, virtualization, and server administration. Works under general supervision, with some degree of creativity and latitude. Primary job functions may require exercising independent judgment. Reports to a Manager, or Director. This will require being part of the technical 24/7 on-call rotation for after-normal-business hours support and possible weekend work. Aptitude Requirements
- Service-oriented mentality.
- High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned.
- Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs
- Strong communicator. Establish and maintain communications with internal customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, influence customers, and successfully set their expectations. Has well developed listening skills. Able to manage difficult customer situations.
- Able to resolve complex issues within Superion application, servers, and network, independently. Provide support for escalated issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes by Service Desk, System Administrator I or II staff.
- Able to perform root cause analysis of problems.
- Able maintain effective team relationships through appropriate communications skills, participation in team discussions, and assisting other team members with resolving issues or completing projects.
- Strong communicator and collaborator with other departments and 3rd parties. Adds value to discussions and influences the direction of strategy. Experience Requirements
- Advanced level of experience in troubleshooting computer and networking issues.
- Advanced level of experience with installing, updating, and supporting operating systems such as Windows Server on premise and the AWS/ Azure cloud.
- Advanced level of experience with backups, restore and recovery models.
- Advanced level of experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Advanced level of experience working in a VMware production environment.
- Experience planning, implementing and administering AWS or Azure cloud environment.
- Solid understanding of SAN configuration, operations, and usage.
- Well established documentation skills.Educational Requirements
- Certification is a plus; Microsoft - MTA, MCSA, MCSE; CompTIA - A+, Network+, Cloud+; GIAC - GISF, GCUX, GCWN, GSEC
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields or equivalent 4 years of work experience required.
- 4-6 year work experience in a production environment, beyond degree requirements.
- 2+ Years administrator experience in AWS or Azure cloud environment. Other Requirements
- Ability to travel (expect less than 15%)
- Be able to lift50lbs or less
- Have a cell phone (some reimbursement may be possible) and be willing to share cell phone number with coworkers.
- When working remotely or on-call, have Internet access.
Keywords: CentralSquare Technologies, Blacksburg , Systems Administrator III, IT / Software / Systems , High Point, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!