Geriatric Recovery Aide
Company: Mount Rogers Community Services
Posted on: September 14, 2023
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Position offers a $1,000 sign-on bonus (applicable to external hire
or an internal hire with an increase in level)
The Recovery Aide Geriatric Transition Center provides direct
services to geriatric individuals who have Serious Mental Illness
(SMI)/Dementia. Provides support and instruction as needed and
assist treatment team members in implementing treatment goals and
- Provide individualized and group support and services to
geriatric individuals who have SMI/Dementia.
- Under the supervision of Program Manager, assist in the
implementation of treatment goals and objectives.
- Provide opportunities for each individual to explore
integrative activities that are familiar as well as providing new
experiences to expand their knowledge of the world in which they
live promoting their development of relationships and natural
- Work independently and as part of a team to actively
participate in daily activities to provide a supportive environment
for the individuals served. To participate with team members in the
formulation of treatment goals and objectives.
- Ensure a clean and safe environment by performing such task as
fire drills, fire extinguisher checks, house cleaning, grocery
shopping, meal planning, and preparation.
- Appropriately intervene in crisis situations and emergencies,
making referrals and seeking consultation from other team members
- Participate in the activities of a self-directed team, and as
needed, assigned or scheduled, to attend meetings, and training
- Maintain, administer, and document medications in accordance
with written physician's orders and regulatory standards, and
maintain current certification in the Agency's approved medication
training program. Observe persons for potential side effects of
medications, and notify appropriate staff as necessary. Administer
basic first aid as needed and maintain current certification in
CPR, First Aid, and other required training.
- Ability to interact with people in a supportive/person-centered
and therapeutic manner
- Knowledge of the nature of mental health, developmental, and
substance use disorders
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Able to assist in developing and implementing service
- Must be able to work independently and with supervision
available at broadly spaced intervals
Valid Driver's license and safe driving record required.
Mount Rogers Community Services, in following current CMS
regulations, requires all New Hires to be Fully Vaccinated against
COVID 19 or have a religious or medical exemption approved no later
than the date of employment.
Keywords: Mount Rogers Community Services, Blacksburg , Geriatric Recovery Aide, Healthcare , Wytheville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!